The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection or IBPS conducts recruitment for IBPS Clerk every year. The IBPS Exam is consists of two written exams prelims and mains. There is a total of 5830 vacancies for the clerical cadre post. The prelim exams will be conducted on 28- 29th August and 4- 5th September 2021.
To crack the IBPS Clerk Prelims you need a proper study plan that will help you effectively prepare for the exam. In this article, you will find a proper study plan for the preparation for IBPS Clerk 2021.
Before beginning the preparation plan you should know about the exam pattern. As you already know the preliminary exam paper consists of a total of 100 marks and is of 1-hour duration. In addition, there is a negative marking for every incorrect answer. Therefore, you need to prepare the topics in detail to crack the IBPS clerk prelims.
The table given below will give you the time duration and marks according to subjects
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
You can begin a subject-wise preparation or start preparing different topics from all the subjects together. In this article, a subject-wise preparation is given for your convenience. This will help you focus on each subject properly and solve as many mock test papers as possible for every subject before your Exam. You can distribute the topics effectively in your preparation time.
Subject 1– You can begin your study preparation with the first subject that is Reasoning Ability. For the IBPS Clerk reasoning strategy you can follow the table and tips given below.
|Subject||Day||Topic 1||Topic 2|
|1||Verbal Reasoning- Classification and Analogy||Conclusion and Statements|
|2||Word formation and Syllogism||Assumptions and statements|
|3||Coding/ Decoding||Arguments and Statement|
|4||Revise the difficult topics||Solve mock test papers for topics you have covered|
|5||Blood Relations||Passage and Conclusion|
|6||Series test and Alphabet test||Number Ranking|
|7||Time sequence and direction sense test||Decision making tests|
|8||Solve practice papers||Revise all the covered topics|
|9||Figure Series and Input/ Output||Sitting Arrangement, Reasoning and Assertion|
|11||Odd figure out||Analogy|
|12||Revise difficult topics||Solve mock tests|
|13||Solve past papers||Revise verbal and non-verbal reasoning|
Tips for preparation of Reasoning Ability section-
- The reasoning ability section topics are simple if you have understood the fundamental concepts properly.
- You need to carefully practice all the topics. Also, try to solve two to three puzzles daily. Choose puzzles that have the least variables in the exam.
- Focus properly on chapters such as order and ranking, syllogism, inequality, blood relations, and direction/distance. These chapters are less time-consuming and relatively easier to solve in the exam.
- This section firstly requires an understanding of fundamental concepts. Therefore, you need to clear the basic ideas in your head related to this section.
- A lot of practice and imagination can help you answer as many questions from this section as possible.
- Through simple comprehension and practice of the topics, you should be able to score up to 30 marks or above in this section.
IBPS clerk prelims reasoning questions are designed in a way that any misunderstanding of the question will make it very time-consuming. This is not good for you as you need to finish all the questions within a limited time.
Some of the questions under this section are just to check the candidate’s skill and accuracy. Therefore, make sure to read the question carefully before answering. Solving the questions from reasoning ability requires noting down the mentioned details and careful reading.
While attempting the reasoning ability questions you must-
- Strengthen your base of reasoning skills.
- Do not waste more time only on one topic.
- Be accurate and quick as IBPS prelim exams depend on both accuracy and speed.
- Learn shortcut tricks and formulas by heart.
- Lastly, for cracking IBPS prelims practicing mock test papers is key to increase your accuracy level.
Focus on speed and accuracy when it comes to solving IBPS clerk reasoning questions. Manage your time properly and spend at least 2 hours in a day revising the reasoning ability section. Spend at least 2-3 hours in revising the numerical aptitude section and at least 2 hours for revising the English Language section daily.
Remember, revision and practice are the keys to crack the IBPS Clerk Prelims 2021 Exam 2021. Take regular breaks to keep your mind fresh during the preparation for the exam.